Home

Home

Thursday, October 24, 2013

In Which The Little Mechanic Gets a Slide

Oh, Fall.
Apologies to you and yours for not enjoying you in the past.  It used to be that all I could think about was snow when I saw all the lovely leaves falling from trees.  *shudder*.  No, let's not think about that.
Now, oh now I love the break from the heat.  I love the warm sunshine on the cooler days.  I love the reintroduction of hoodies into my wardrobe.  Did you know toddlers are adorable in hoodies?  Yes, yes they are.

The break from gardening is delightful.  Now there is time for the Handsome Cowboy to work on more fun projects.  Just recently he has started building the Little Mechanic a play house.  While it is still in the beginning stages of development, let me tell you, it is going to be fine.
I'm not sure if you can see it that well, but if you look closely, off the back of the structure is a board sticking out pretty far.  Needless to say, I was confused and thought I should find out what such a thing would be for.  This is how that conversation went:
Me: "Honey, aren't you going to trim that? What is that for?"
The Handsome Cowboy: "It's for the second story, of course!"
Me: "Silly me."


Bandit, being his fabulous self.

The Little Mechanic adores slides.

And cameras, evidently.

Our broody hen doing what she does best (we hope).  Crossing our fingers for some babies in the next week or two.

The last of our bounty for the year.  We have been so blessed to have raspberries all around the perimeter of our property.  I have frozen many and it will be nice to have them this winter.

No matter how cold, he will always love playing in water.

Our homestead looking spiffy after The Handsome Cowboy finished oiling it.  We should be good for a few years now.


In the end, Fall comes and goes much too swiftly.  I believe we missed our chance for nice family photos and as I type this there is a light dusting of snow on the ground.  I would like to say that I will tell you in the future how in love I am with snow and how romantic it is, however that is not a season I have yet come to adore.  

A shameless "selfie".  No apologies.  

That is all.
Until we meet again.

1 comment:

Lynda Dietz said...

I love the variety of photos and the little insights into your sweet family's life. Keep 'em coming!