Home

Home

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Bedtime Routine Sent from Heaven


This little face used to strike terror into my heart.  
There were more than a couple times that the sound of his pitiful little cry in the middle of the night would make me burst into tears myself.  The long and odd hours were difficult for me to become accustomed to.  It was stressful to have this little person depend on me for everything.  Everything.  

But, the months went on and my hormones balanced.  Day by day, month by month, things would get easier.  I no longer felt desperate.  I no longer felt alone.  The Little Mechanic became my buddy and I was his best friend.

And last night I received the ultimate sign from God that all was well and we were succeeding.  It was almost 9 pm and my wild toddler was starting to slow down and rub his eyes.  "Would you like num-nums?".  He came right over to me without a fuss.  After he had eaten his fill I told him it was time for night-night and he needed to tell daddy to get better soon.  He walked right over to hug The Handsome Cowboy.  No whining.  No crying.  Then he turned and went up the stairs by himself, walked right over to his bed and asked me to put him in.  I gave him his Pooh-bear and he smiled at me without making a peep.

God is good.



To all the sleep deprived new moms out there looking for a glimmer of hope, it gets better, I promise.

And to all the experienced moms who used to tell me the same thing, I'm sorry I called you a liar in my head.

No comments: